Campbell Hall is a community of inquiry committed to academic excellence and to the nurturing of decent, loving, and responsible human beings.
History of Campbell Hall
February 7, 1944
Campbell Hall opens in St. David's Parish Sunday School building at 4343 Radford Avenue, North Hollywood, California. The school serves kindergarten through sixth grade and has 74 students enrolled. The Rev. Alexander K. Campbell is appointed Dean of the school and Mildred E. Hawks is appointed Principal. The Rev. Campbell continues as Rector of St. David's Mission (later Parish), serving Campbell Hall part time.
- The First graduating class at Campbell Hall
1944 to 1945 School Year
- 105 students enrolled.
- Graduating class: 11 students.
- 1.2 acres of land purchased at 4533 Laurel Canyon Boulevard in North Hollywood.
1945 to 1946 School Year
- Campbell Hall moves to the Laurel Canyon site and is formally incorporated.
- Seventh grade is added to the program.
- Graduating class: 15 students.
1946 to 1947 School Year
- Eighth grade added to program.
1947 to 1948 School Year
- Ninth grade added to the program.
1948 to 1949 School Year
- Filming of "The Fourth R," a documentary about Campbell Hall and its beginnings.
1949 to 1950 School Year
- Campbell Hall purchases 6.5 acres immediately west of the school.
- Ten-year building program announced. Ground broken for new facilities for first and second grades, and football and baseball fields.
- The Rev. Alexander K. Campbell
- Mildred E. Hawks